Monday, January 22, 2007

Weird Gifts

People give me baseball-related gifts. Some of them are weird.

The weirdest, this year, is a large snail shell painted to resemble a baseball.

Weird, but cute.

Hot Stove

Baseball Heavy has an interesting entry about the Paw Sox' Hot Stove event. Locally the events are more likely to be a dinner at a banquet hall or hotel dining room with a guest or two from the organization. Something like BH describes I might find worth attending.

Fantasy League

It's time to get the Fantasy League in shape. It's nearly Super Bowl Sunday, the Mardi Gras of Baseball Season, and I haven't gotten the keepers up on the league web page. Meanwhile, I'm being recruited for another, local league. So far I'm holding out if for no other reason than I'm hardly keeping up with one league. Last year I don't think I saw a single episode of Baseball Tonight, my former evening devotions, and since I'm working on my baseball novel, supposed to finish it, revise it, and revise it again by the All-Star break, it's going to be tough to keep my focus on just one league.

No comments: