Monday, October 16, 2006

Me-Wow!

The Tigers might have slipped during the second half of the regular season, but it appears perhaps they were only resting up for the post-season. They lulled the Yankees into thinking they were the team of destiny by allowing them to win the first game of the Division series then mowed 'em down. No sense in tormenting the A's like a cornered mouse, just mowed 'em down in four straight.

He stunk up the joint, but I was happy to see my hometown guy Jason Grilli make a post-season appearance. (Next time, don't walk three straight on 12 pitches, 'kay?)

Looks like the National League series is headed for a full 7 games. If the Cardinals win, it will be a repeat of the first World Series match up I ever saw, back in 1968, and I will have no mixed loyalty in rooting for the Tigers. Should the Mets win (I stand by my earlier prediction of a Tigers-Mets Series), I'll be rooting for the Tigers as a team and the Mets as individual players.

Go Motor City Kitties!

No comments: