Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Draft Day!

Yesterday was draft day for my fantasy league, our sixth season. Most of the original participants are still at it, the same guy usually wins (or comes in a very close second and that winner drops out), the same two or three battle for last place. What are you looking at me for? Some day I am going to beat Big Dog.

Unfortunately, too many people were unable to be online at draft time, though those of us who were there had a good time. Spike owes me a six of Moose Drool and I'm going to hold him to it.

Having so many people on auto-select probably worked to my advantage because I got what I consider some great picks. The team runs toward Red Sox (no suprise there) and young, guys I've watched play in the minors*.

Huskytown Dukes, 2005
Moises Alou
Bronson Arroyo* (once you've seen his weird leg kick live, you never forget it)
Josh Beckett
Matt Clement
Brendon Donnelly *
Adam Eaton*
Lew Ford *
Nomar Garciaparra
Eric Hinske *
Torii Hunter
Wade Miller (if he doesn't come through, My Barista's gonna owe me a cuppa or two)
Eric Milton
Doug Mirabelli
Bill Mueller
David Ortiz
AJ Pierzynski *
Manny Ramirez*
David Riske*
Grady Sizemore *
BJ Upton*
Jason Varitek
Tim Wakefield
Ty Wigginton *
Dontrelle Willis
David Wright ****

Trade talk is already in the air, so my Opening Day roster may look a bit different but I think this team has what it takes to come in 10th.

That would be a couple steps up; we're 13 teams strong this year.

No comments: